Saturday, March 16, 2013

Luck

The past two days it's been on my side. Luck that is.

Yesterday, I drove to Longmont, got on my TT bike and 5 min later realized I didn't have my saddle bag. No tube, no pump, no tools, no nothing. On my SRM file, you can see that very moment as my heart rate jumped sky high. It was a sickening feeling. I was going to be one of those people who flag you over to use your tube and CO2 because they weren't prepared for a bike ride.

I prayed to the little baby jesus, stayed close to either the car or Hygene, and didn't get a flat.
Thank you little baby jesus for looking after me.

Today, I was riding up Lookout (for the second time with my ALP Cycles athletes) and found $1. I think I'll use that $1 to pay it forward and buy someone something because I've been pretty lucky.

I also got my second NoaNoa espresso paid for by nice ALP athlete Sandy. Maybe I'll be gentle on her tomorrow and won't make her do her last interval--- or not. Intervals make you tough. With that in mind--


No comments: