Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Week

7 days- dang.
Day 1- Valmont CX Race in Boulder. A small fight with Amy and she won. I was second and pleasantly surprised!
Day 2- Chill, pack, teach a CX Clinic in Boulder.
Day 3- Fly to Vegas, build bike, and melt and cramp while pre riding the CrossVegas course.
Day 4- AM- Interbike- Sign posters and be nice to people at the NOW Energy Bar booth.
Day 4- PM- Race CrossVegas with friend and teammie Pups (Robin Farina). Holy crap, I had the CX race of my life and got 3rd. I couldn't believe it- still can't. Fricken amazing. Yep, that's right, I have impressed myself.
Day 5- Work NOW booth and fly home.
Day 6- Drive to Crested Butte with friend and fellow ALP athlete Liz. Pre drive/ride parts of the CB 100 course.

Day 7- CB 100. That's right, a 100 mile mtn bike race in Crested Butte. 11,000ft of climbing all above 8,500 ft. 10hrs, 11 min, 1 rear flat, 1 new course record, and 0 crashes. Again, I'm impressed with myself.

Thanks Eszter Horanyi and Mountain Flyer for the sweet photo.

Actually, I was more impressed with Liz than with myself. She finished only 4 min behind me and saved me with a CO2 on the Dyke Trail. Watch out mtn bike world, she's gonna kick your asses in a couple of years.
Day 8 (I know, 8 days is one more day than a week, but oh well)- Amazingly awesome mellow mtn bike ride in CB with Liz. Yes, we were tired. Yes, we probably shouldn't have ridden so much, but we couldn't resist. When in Rome...


No comments: