Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Riding

Winter time is one of my most favorite times of the year to ride. Snow packed roads provide a beauty and peacefulness that you can't find in the summer time. Hot chocolate in the water bottle is a welcome treat during hours at sub freezing temperatures.

Yesterday's ride was a perfect example of how enjoyable winter time riding can be- Sunny skis, brisk temperatures, snow everywhere.
 I saw- snow, ice, a fox, a coyote, horses, alpaca's, goats, snow covered mountains, and 0 other bike riders.

I got- 3 waves, 2 thumbs up, to drink hot chocolate, tired legs, a lack of oxygen (entire ride was above 8,000 ft), to walk through Black Hawk, an abundance of climbing, to practice my snow/ice riding skills, a since of pride that I ride in conditions that not many other people do.

This makes me happy.