Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spreading My Wings

At some point, a bird needs to spread it's wings. Fly away. Be free.

For the past few months, I've been feeling like a trapped bird-my wings tied down. Sure, life was OK and I was surviving pretty well, but it was in captivity. I needed to be free.

The one thing stopping me, fear. Captivity is safe. You know you will be fed everyday, you know you will not get eaten, and you know the daily schedule. Freedom is scary. All of a sudden you are responsible for your place to live, your own food, your own schedule. How do you know if you will be able to provide this for yourself?

I took the leap this week. I cut the ropes, spread my wings, and flew away. I feel happy. I feel scared. I feel free and I feel light--it's amazing.

I'm not sure what the future will bring, but I believe. I believe in myself to make things happen. I believe everything works out in the end.

ALP Cycles Coaching

No comments: