Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lemonade

The saying goes- "when life throws you lemons, make lemonade". Well, we got lemons yesterday. Unfortunately, The Mom caught almost all the lemons. She got tripped by a Honey Badger while running and broke her collar bone. She of all people, do not deserve this injury.

Luckily, I was able to drive home to the Mother Ship yesterday and stay a few days with The Mom and The Dad.  Mission-help out. Do what I can to take the burden off my Dad and help my Mom feel somewhat comfortable.

Turns out, I'm getting a lot out of this trip home too. It's pretty fun spending time with the 'rents--Lemonade.

Yesterday, instead of a home alone while JH did his NATO thing, I got a salmon dinner and ice cream sundae--Lemonade.

Today, I was supposed to motor pace around the flats north of Boulder. Instead, I got 3 hrs of single track with The Dad--Lemonade.



This afternoon, instead of farting around on the computer and commuting to and from Boulder, I got to run errands around Fraser with The Dad and see old stomping grounds--Lemonade.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'm sure we'll do our best to make more lemonade.

No comments: