Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lemon-Aid?

After three great days in Fraser, 2 fun rides with The Dad, and 3 quality family days, it was time to head home and get ready to race CX in Ft. Collins.  I'll admit, I wasn't looking forward to the racing before it even started.


1- The race venue is 1:45hr drive (3.5hrs round trip) from my house.
2- After being gone from home for three days, more time away seemed less than desirable
3- The weather forecast looked bad- rain. Rain means mud and for a roadie with absolutely no mud skills, that did not seem appealing.
4- Mud means having to clean my bike, my kit, my shoes, my ego, and get ready to do it all again the next day.

Stupid preregistration. I wish I never did it - or at least waited until the last moment to check the weather and my racing desire.

 Despite my lack of enthusiasm, I went to Ft. Collins. Reader's Digest Version-
-I crashed 4 times (in a different place each time).
-I sucked
-I couldn't get out of my own way to save my life.
-I had the worst time on bike that I have ever had.
-It was horrible
-Despite being muddy, sore, and cranky, I didn't even feel like I got a workout.

I tried to stay positive during the race. -this is making me better, -I can do it, -don't give up.  Bull Shit. It sucked and I am never racing CX in those conditions again. There was no way to make Lemonade from those lemons.

Stupid preregistration. I wish I never did it - or at least waited until the last moment to check the weather and my racing desire.

I did not race day #2 in Ft Collins.  I'm sure it was better conditions (for me) as the course dried out a bit, but my bike was still in the car, some rust had accumulated, my kit was muddy, and my CX racing desire was very negative. Not to mention, my body is pretty sore from falling down so much.

So, I stayed home and rode single speed CX bikes with JH and Meriwether, in the snow. JH and I had two great dog walks, and quality at home chill time. Lemonade.

1 comment:

obgyn maricopa said...

Never had the chance too. It wasn't my day i guess.