Monday, October 3, 2011

Cramming it in

The count down to surgery continues.
1 month.
30 days.

Must ride and race bike as much as possible.  The goal is to burn myself out in the next 30 days. I want to be tired of racing CX, I want to be tired of training, and I want to be just plain tired and in need of rest.

This past weekend, I decided to race both days of the Frisco CX race.  Both days were pretty dang fun.

I brought the Mom and Dad to Frisco on Saturday (actually they drove me) as they had never seen a CX race. It was great to have them there cheering us on.  The Mom got some great pictures.






After Saturday's race, I told the Mom and Dad that I need some competition.  Better be careful what you ask for. KFC showed up Sunday and worked me over badly.  Luckily (for me), on the first lap she crashed, so we actually had a race for the first few laps. Me trying to get as big of a gap as possible while she rode through the girls that passed her when she fell down, and her trying to catch then pass me before the race was over.  She's strong like bull, made me suffer bad, then beat me, but it was worth it and made it pretty dang fun (again for me). 

I am totally cooked and tired today.  Need rest before doing it again next weekend.

No comments: