Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pretty Epic

This past weekend (Sunday-Monday), I did the second most epic thing on a bike that I've ever done (the first being White Rim with a Bob trailer and ski racer fitness).  MT, Soopa Doopa Toopa, and I rode from our houses to my parents house in Fraser-and back- in two days. Not that big of a deal- right?  Well, no, but it was unknown territory, non of us really knew were we were going, and we had no idea how long it would take.

It was pretty hard.  But it was dang fun!!
Here are some pictures to tell the story
after 2 hrs of climbing and taking my bike on several walks (i.e walking my bike), an innocent looking section of the pipeline that ended up kicking my ass and I had to walk some more.
 Yay the trestles on Rollins Pass. I'm afraid of heights, so MT posed for the photo.
 We made it to the top! MT, AP, Tupa, MT's baby Louise that was found in Nederland
 When we arrived at my parents house, 5 hrs later, we had a celebration waiting for us.
 8:45 am start of day 2
 We got a little turned around getting to Fraser on day 1, so The Mom was ride guide for the first hour or so of day 2. We did not get lost and we rode some sweet, smooth, single track
 Then, our bikes got tired and needed to be walked--again.
 Or carried.
 It's all downhill from here. Day 2 seemed shorter and not as hard.  Probably because we knew what to expect, planned a little better, did not get turned around, and ate leftover pasta at the trestles.
Doing adventures on bikes is fun.  I'm psyched I found friends to adventure with and family to support the adventuring.  Now, I need bed.

1 comment:

ninja pony mom said...

Are you so talented that you were in two places at once on Sunday morning? I was riding on Magnolia and thought I saw you by Giggy Lake in your Cross Propz(!) jersey. There was a car between us so I didn't want to call out and distract you (if indeed, that was you...)

What a great ride for you to do! So jealous!
Mrs. CrossPropz