Friday, July 1, 2011

Riding

Riding bikes is fun and that's what I've been doing.  It feels good to just ride.  No training, no watts, no intervals, just riding along.  I'm getting my body and my arm used to riding everyday.  I've ridden to work 4 days in a row. I've ridden with three FasCat athletes. I've ridden my mtn bike- even a bit of singletrack on the Steel*Wool ride.  I've had fun and I've made myself pretty dang tired in the process.

The goal next week is to ride home from work.  Riding to work is easy- 17miles downhill.  Now it's time to go up.

I've also tried something new this week- other than bikes and bike riding.  Finally, after two years of hearing about them and how awesome they are, I went in for a visit to Peak Sports Chiropractic in Boulder.  All I can say is WOW.  It was so good I went in again today. Andy and Jen are amazing and thanks to them, my body is dealing with all the new activity pretty dang well (no elbow pain while riding singletrack and no Achilles pain).  If you're in Boulder, you've got to go see them.  It's more than the cracking of the normal Chiropractor.  They get into your muscles and body movement.

That's all for now.  Get out and ride your bike!

No comments: