Monday, June 20, 2011

Have and Have Not

I've been getting in trouble (again) for not updating The Blog.  My response is always "I'll update it when I have something to write about".

In my mind, I have not been doing anything interesting. I created this blog to keep my family and my friends updated on my bike racing and the things that revolve around it.  Since I have not been bike racing, or even bike riding, I haven't felt the need for many updates.

However now, I feel the need to update so as to shut all you "you need to up date the blog" people up.
So, here's a list of all the things I have been and have not been doing-

Have been-

-Spending time AT HOME- this is my first summer home in 6 years
-Spending time with friends and family-spent Father's Day WITH my Dad.
-Hiking
-Attempting (again) at running.  This time, with "barefoot" shoes and sometimes actually going barefoot.
-Coaching cyclists at FasCat Coaching in Boulder
-Riding the trainer AND enjoying it.  It's official, I have done more trainer rides in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past 4 years- combined.
-Looking forward to riding my bike outside
-Doing my arm exercises to gain the strength back that I lost (my tricep is a big mass of smoosh).

Have not been-
-racing bikes
-riding bikes outside
-traveling
-dwelling on things I can't do.  Despite my injury, I'm in a very happy place right now and that feels good.

Update:
I see the doctor in Wednesday.  That'll mark 12 (or so) weeks since my injury.  I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the OK to ride my bike OUTSIDE.

No comments: