Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Green, Yellow and the Ying-Yang of Life

The past two days have provided a prime example of life's ups and downs; what I call the ying and the yang of life.

After much needed rest in Fraser with the Mom and Dad, I flew to PA for 'Toona. Of course, neither my TT bike nor my road bike arrived with me. Annoying. All day long I spent on the phone trying to get my bikes ASAP and each time I talked to an airline person the news got worse. I was not going to have my bikes for the first stage of the race.

We raced the team time trial and did well. The team got third. I, however had a VERY bad race. I raced on a borrowed TT bike, got dropped by my team, and felt horrible. I was cracked; crying everywhere, with no bikes and bad legs.

I woke up the next morning and still felt badly. However, I am lucky to have wonderful friends and family and they gave me good words of wisdom (ie. it's just a bike. Get over not having your bike and race. It will be ok).

Reader's Digest version of the rest of the day: bikes arrived, legs felt instantly better. Attacked in the rain on the decent, soloed for 25 miles, won the stage, won the sprinters jersey and the YELLOW jersey. What a difference a day makes. The ying and yang. The good with the bad. It all evens out eventually.

(only dial up at our host house here in Holidaysburg, so no pictures. Sorry. Also not much e-mail either)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the finishing photo, you look like you are flexing your guns.

bfisk